rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting an Engineering Job in Switzerland

Getting an Engineering Job in Switzerland

Interesting that ppl have such different perspectives. I wouldn't agree with what ice said. Like with everything he said.

Swiss ppl having an obsession with NYC, LA & London? Wut? Not at all in my experience.

Also comparing NYC to Zurich - please, ZH city has a population of 395'000, NYC of 8.25 Mio., more than the total pop of Switzerland (which is ca. 8 Mio.). That's a ridiculous comparision to make.

You came back from NYC and suddenly, magically the girls liked you more? How about a different explanation: after living in Berlin and NYC, macking on girls, working on your skills, working on yourself, you had developed good social skills meanwhile. So when you came back, you had naturally more success. Ockhams razor tells me this is how it went down.

Ppl have to understand that everything in switzerland is on a smaller scale - it's like a little nifty miniature-world of it's own, and the next canton-border is probably just 15min away, the next 'mayor city' (for lack of a better word, there are no 'mayor cities' in CH, Zurich with it's 395K is the biggest, and the runner up is Geneva with only 195K) - just a 45 min drive. Switzerland is small.

I gather that you mentioned Zurich city a lot - never understood the hype of Zurich, it's my least favorite spot to go partying (tho I do have a few spots I like even in ZH city) - what's with Luzern, Aargau, St.Gallen, Winterthur, Bern, etc.? Switzerland is pretty small, I can reach all of this spots in a 1 hour drive or less (well expect Bern). You can even do your little regional-flag collection and intentionally go and collect flags from different cantons [Image: smile.gif]

It's a known problem on local forums? Wut? Are you refering to the Zurich-Lair? If those ppl where champs at getting laid they wouldn't be in that lair in the first place - Those guys are hardly a reference.

You yourself said in your post, that you weren't successfull with CH women before you left - maybe your game / lifestyle just needed to mature a little bit more. Quote: "Because in Switzerland I was not very successful with women."

Ppl make it sound as if talking to a swiss girl is like trying to talk to the grinch. Come on,they're girls, they're people. If you strike up a convo with them, yes even as a random guy, and go about it in a normal, social manner, she will hold at least a short, friendly interaction with you. Wanna know what my 'opener' is? 'Hey how are you?' then followed by some small talk about the venue, the music, partying in general. Then I gauge her interest and if I see she has potential I ramp up my game. But these lair-guys run around the dancefloor, interrupting girls rudely and yelling at them 'OMG, your shoes are so pointy, which elf did you stole them from?''. It's cringe whorty. Then they whine about girls shooting them down and being unfriendly. Hell if you stepped up to me in such a faggy manner, i would give you the death stare too!

It's more of a problem of swiss guys who get into the 'game' being socially really clueless, giving of an akward vibe, being overly cocky which comes of as insulting, not having sorted out their life at all, etc. etc.

Furthermore one has to be careful with overly cocky game & negs here. While it can have its place and time, that shit can destroy you fast. This isn't the states where you go into some kind of contest to bust each others balls to assert dominance. This can rub people the wrong way big time here.

I myself hate ball-busting culture - why do I have to enter in some kind of dick-measuring contest with a fcuking girl about who can make the snarkier comments? Doesn't make sense! How about nice civilized conversation? What's wrong with that? How about holding a normal, friendly convo first instead? I guarantee you it will be appreciated. (All in a game context ofc, get your foot in, gauge her reaction, then ramp up your game accordingly in a well-calibrated manner to escalate the situation)

How about changing yourself instead of blaming everyone else?

That said, I never claimed swiss girls are easy nor the most receptive nor the most beautiful - I stand by my statement in the post above - a guy who has his life sorted out, with a normal job and average game can expect to lay a new girl every month if he goes out every fri/sat. Nothing to write home about, but far from the desolate wasteland ppl make it out to be. The girl will be cute/pretty/hot, but not crazy model standard. Go to EE for that [Image: smile.gif]

I also like to repeat : getting somewhere in all aspects of swiss life takes work and effort.

My reasons why I wouldn't advise ppl to emigrate to Switzerland are in the post above. I also wouldn't recommend RVF members coming here for gaming girls. For quality of talent and ease of lay, other options are better suited. Besides that, it's expensive as fuark, and when I say as fuark I mean as FUAARRRRKKKKK bold, underlined and fat. Rents are insane meanwhile.

Ice, with all that said, I respect you for moving out of CH when you saw that it didn't make you happy - I see guys hating on CH but then doing jack-shit. I can see that CH is not everyones cup of tea (or more cup of hot chocolate [Image: biggrin.gif]), so it's all cool if you don't like it. But hating and staying? Doesn't make sense. You didn't like it apparently but you did what had to be done to redeem the situation. Kudos to you for that.

For me I leave it at that, I'm not really interested in arguing about CH pros/cons further, it's not productive - but that CH is some desolate wasteland with frigid grinch-like women like some ppl here make it out to be - that's some crazy shite to say and must come from peeps who have no clue.

Roundtree, sorry for derailing the thread - as I stated, PM me if you have questions and I will help out with Info as best as I can.

Messages In This Thread