rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

More red-pill-Taleb: Skin in the game

More red-pill-Taleb: Skin in the game

Quote: (09-30-2013 06:08 PM)renotime Wrote:  

Quote: (09-25-2013 03:55 PM)MHaes Wrote:  

I'm not quite sure I agree with his analysis of Petraeus's combat record.

Petraeus has a Combat Action Badge, which is the CIB but for general-grade officers (O-6 and above), and also has a Bronze Star with V. Both of these are exclusively combat awards.

In addition to these, Petraeus went through Airborne School (not particularly challenging, but definitely makes you a more elite soldier), Air Assault School (very grueling), and Ranger School (if you don't even know what this is, then you aren't really qualified to be talking about whether or not Petreaus was qualified enough to be a leader).

I think Taleb is a great thinker who posits some interesting ideas, but he's off in regards to Petraeus.

http://www.businessinsider.com/patraeus-...le-2012-11

Wow, interesting. I thought that the military had by and large done away with bestowing awards on officers just 'cuz.

I see that article was published about a year ago - did they ever follow up on it? If they did, I would love to see it. If not, maybe that in and of itself is an answer to some of the claims they made in that article.

Messages In This Thread