rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting an Engineering Job in Switzerland

Getting an Engineering Job in Switzerland

Roundtree,

I'm swiss. Maybe I can help you with some info.

About swiss women not being slutty - hugely untrue, ONS happen frequently and swiss women are generaly very kinky. Getting contact-info (day & night) and makeouts (night) from random girls is very easy. There's really a huge step up from contact-info and makeout to lay though. if you have a normal job and go out every friday/saturday and have average game you should have a new girl every month. I've seen people with tighter game doing much better. Of course, if you put in more effort you will reap more rewards.

About swiss women being good wives... Nope, don't get your hopes up here... Mike's right, average divorce rate is 50% in some places it goes up to 60% (that was some years ago, I don't have up-to-date numbers, but I guess it will be around the same or even worse).

Feminism has taken root here too, and while it is nowhere near as bad as in the US, that doesn't mean you can't get divorce-raped sideways to hell and back. Women know that as soon as you're married to her, she has the upper hand, and they leverage that to their advantage without restraint.

About the swiss being xenophobic. This is completly ridiculous. 22% of our residents are foreigners, maybe 25% more or so of the population are people that have been nationalised in the last 20 years. Would you consider that xenophobic? Geneva for example is one of the most international cities ever, there are literally people from all around the world there. I have travelled extensively and I would say Switzerland is on of the least-racist countries in all of the world. The overt racism that you get in other countries is just completly absent in Switzerland. Hell, you can even get sued if you call somebody a racist slur here, we have anti-racism laws.

Switzerland being boring? You obviously don't know how to play the field here, where to go, what to do and how to make friends - like around 50% of the young expats (older expats generaly love it here). Then they go around and hate on Switzerland - it's always the fault of the others, and never yours eh? Some people come here, expect a 500K CHF salary with complimentary blowjobs for a 4 hours workday and that everybody flings themselves at their feet and begs them to come into their social circle and fuck their sisters. That's not gonna fly. You have zero extra-value here as a foreigner, and to get somewhere, with girls, in business or with your social circle, you have to work, like everywhere else in the world.

That said, for the young player I wouldnt' recommend Switzerland either to emigrate. See below for explanation.

Back to the problem at hand,

Roundtree,

We are lacking sorely in engineers, at least according to Big Business and MSM, so that should play to your advantage.

If your a railway engineer, your employer of choice is the Schweizerische Bundesbahnen, or SBB, the monolithic, state-operated railway company. http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html.
The website is available in german / italian / french and english, like most government and big business websites.

I would just call there and state what you want and they will help you. Most HR people there should be pretty friendly and help you out straight away, if not, just use friendly persistence.

There are other Railway companies, but they are all dwarfs compared to the giant that is SBB. But if your interested to know more PM me, I don't want to clutter the forum with particularities of swss railway companies.

If you're not interested in working for a railway company, just PM me what kind of company you're interested in and I can send you some companies that you could call.

Like stated above though, I kinda have to agree with the other forum-members - if you emigrate anyway, not sure if Switzerland is the right place. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic place and I personally love it. It's my beloved home base and a awsome place to live - if you know how to play the field, which some expats never learn...

But if it's not your native country and your going through all the hassle to emigrate, I think you have a better trade-off in other countries. Why? In other, less-developed countries you have more opportunities and a better shot at rising thorugh corporate ranks fast or starting your own business. The dice have been pretty much cast in Switzerland, and it's not really an entrepreneurial society. Difficult to be a maker and shaker here. Also you don't have extra-value as a foreigner, whereas in other countries it can open you doors. What I gathered from my expat friends, especially building a worth-while social circle can be difficult, as ppl at work probably aren't the ones suitable for the social circle of a young player. I have an american friend that emigrated to Switzerland, but wasn't too happy here, and is now much happier living in EE and also founded a company successfully there.

Also while I like the women, and they are pretty high on my list worldwide, there are other countries where the quality of talent is higher and you have to work less for the lay.

Messages In This Thread