rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Job Market in London

Job Market in London

Quote: (09-20-2013 01:26 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

@BostonBMW - How are you planning to relocate to London? Do you have British or EU citizenship? If not, you'll have to find a US company willing to relocate you there. I used to work for a company where if I had stayed a little bit longer I would have gotten that opportunity (though I prefer living in the US).

But anyway, EU/UK strongly protects its domestic labor market. For a company there to hire you directly, you'd have to be so skilled that they can't find a person already there to do the job.

There in lies the problem: I only have US citizenship. You think I should go through a US company and try to relocate through them? How long did you work to get close to that opportunity?

I'm a finance guy, we're dime a dozen around the world, so my skills wouldn't necessarily be unique.

I'm trying to figure all the ways of leaving the US for the UK, so any advice would be appreciated. I have some time (Summer '14) and willing to put in the work to make it happen.

Messages In This Thread