rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I move to another country?

Should I move to another country?

Quote: (09-22-2013 01:01 PM)ceowannabe Wrote:  

But Im just a kid that want to be happier. Im pretty much depressed right now in Israel, Im felling thats not my place. But my family really like it in Israel, they were so angry when i left army. I dont know what to do. Im only 20 years old young adult with no real life expirience.

What would you do? [Image: huh.gif]

My situation had some similariities in that I never felt at home in the US, and when I visited Western Europe in the 1980s ( pre internet, people were much more humble and nice) I felt more at home there than in the fast-paced USA. I am all Western European blood.

I think some people's personalities simply do not fit well in whatever country they end up in.

This is even more likely when you are first generation ( as you are) or second ( as I am.) People's values change a lot
in the first generation when the new country is very different from their country of origin.

I would speculate that your parents were very impressed with the possibility of gaining wealth and security in Israel,
compared to the dysfunctional economy in Belarus. But the you grew up with the wealth all around you, and it doesn't seem like the solution to everything if girls are bitchy and you can't have a decent social life as a result.

So your viewpoint is substantially different from theirs and they are not going to be able to understand your ideas. Physical comfort ( food, shelter) may mean everything to them and you seem ungrateful from their point of view.

But the same reason they are comfortable is the reason you take it for granted. You will find it easier to understand your parents as you get older and see more people in the world and the different ways they adapt to things and value things.

One could liken it to planting a palm tree in Oregon where it doesn't get very cold, but it is also not the optimal area for a palm tree to grow.

If you are already wealthy enough to live on your own in Belarus and will be nailing 8-9 Slavic hotties, then it sure sounds like it's at least worth a trip.

One thing to realize is that when you first "move" to another country, you are really just visiting. It may become a move-- but only time can tell that.

I thought I was moving to Ukraine, but getting bullied by dimwits there made me realize the place was not for me-- I wanted to deal with the ambitious creativity of educated Californians, not the backwards suspiciousness of people in an an old, unfortunate country.

So you don't have to have it in your mind you are absolutely moving forever. You really don't know, or you shouldn't if you are keeping an open mind.

But it sounds like you know Israel isn't a good fit, so it certainly is a good idea to visit another place. Maybe you can plan flexibly enough so that you can choose to either stay in the new location or go to Israel again for staging another visit/move somewhere else.

It is best to do this while you are under 30 as usually one such as you, smart enough to start an internet business, builds up advantages in your home location so that it becomes harder and harder to leave it behind.

I make 2-3x as much in the USA as I could make anywhere else without several years of building up business.

Messages In This Thread