rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bleed cash in Brazil, or do it cheap in the D.R.?

Bleed cash in Brazil, or do it cheap in the D.R.?

Quote: (09-18-2013 07:00 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (09-18-2013 06:41 PM)yb13 Wrote:  

Vitoria/Guarapari, Espirito Santo
Floripa/Balneariu Camboriu, Santa Catarina
Bucharest, Romania
Seoul (if there are enough seats)

Of these options, I'd do Floripa during US winter.

1) Vitoria/Guarapari - I'd probably do Vitoria as a city off peak on my own time...but would probably avoid Guarapari flying solo....unless my Belo Horizonte contacts head out there...which it appears they aren't as of now.

2) Floripa/Balneariu - I have free lodging in Balneariu and a built in social scene there..same as Floripa (minus free lodging). I did more of the village, nature stuff in Floripa last time...but will likely plant myself in Jurere Int for 3 days doing the beach parties, etc...big edge with Jurere peak season is women from all over Brazil go there yes...but just the contacts that could be made in general. Basic gaming can be like "tudo bem...de onde voce e, or de onde voces sao" are great starters seeing how everybody is from everywhere.

With TAM leaving Star alliance and aligning with AA/One World...we're seeing a slow addition of AA flights to Curitiba, Porto Alegre, and Belo Horizonte now. DFW-MIA-CWB or BH is cheaper than DFW-Sao Paulo or Rio. In this situation, I could fly into CWB and bus it into Floripa/Balneariu for much cheaper.

For kicks, I looked at Sao Paulo (CGH or GRU) to Floripa flights as they are in the 400 range peak season...yikes. That's normally a 150 rt flight off peak.

3) Bucharest - Quite cheap. Not sure if I want to party hard in the cold for 7-8 nights straight...but will check out data again. There's something adventurous about slugging it out in the wintry mix with minor pipelining there.

4) Seoul - Same weather conditions as Bucharest likely. Getting a seat there is going to be the tough part.

Messages In This Thread