rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NLP courses.. worth it?

NLP courses.. worth it?

I did the practitioners training earlier this year, it was a 7 days long with some pre-course material to get through (20 audio CDs and a book). The course also included some timeline therapy and hypnosis stuff.

I had already read a few books on the subject so most of the material was familiar, it just reinforced what I already knew.

What I did find useful was the following:
Strategy Elicitation - Finding out why a person does something and their corresponding language, body language, eye movements
Eye movements - If a person is more visual, auditory, kinesthetic. Although it is in the books, it was good trying it out on the other students
Language models - Milton/Meta models, being deliberately vague or specific, using metaphors more, chunking up/down/laterally to reach agreement or understanding. I found this particularly valuable at work.
Anchoring - Again in the books

After completing the practitioner I don't think i'll go for the master practitioner course as it seemed to just build on top of what i'd already learned.

If you haven't already, i'd suggest reading some books on the NLP then decide if you think it's worth the time and money for the course. If you want some book recommendations give me a shout.

Messages In This Thread