rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

LA vs Vegas living

LA vs Vegas living

Quote: (09-18-2013 04:39 PM)Easy E Wrote:  

Quote: (09-18-2013 02:52 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

Why don't you get a short term lease in Vegas and live there for 6 months or so and figure out if you like it. Take little trips to L.A. and explore.

L.A. doesn't know what a short term apartment is. You'd be locked into paying 1300 a month for a year just for rent in some lousy place.

If you come to vegas first your moving expenses to LA would be something like 300 bucks.

Disagree about there being nothing to do but party in Vegas. Mount Charleston (mountain top forests), Red Rock (gorgeous rock climbing/hiking), and Lake Mead (skiing swimming) are in the backyard.

You think LA isn't a desert? Tell me how many trees you see that aren't planted.

Trust me, you aren't going to feel like driving 30 minutes to go three miles to the grocery store just to run into 4 bums, people with shitty attitudes, and overpriced food.

There were times when I really loved LA but I'd never want to live there again unless I was a millionaire.

Edit - Just read through the rest of the comments. Guys talking about "I can't stand the place after 3 days". Well no shit, you came and binged out and now you want to go home and sleep it off and not in a hotel you're probably sharing with some other dude.

Just read the comment about you liking the Valley.....not sure what to say about that.

You go out in L.A. and tell girls you live in the Valley and even the ones that live there won't want to talk to you.

Who cares if girls in Vegas are gold diggers (there's plenty that aren't), they still want to bang. Girls in LA are status diggers and gold diggers.

Good point, Fisto. The thing that sucks about LA right now is the rents are going up like crazy. Anywhere decent is going to set you back. Plus, like you said, everyone wants a one year lease.

Quote: (09-18-2013 03:34 PM)PartyonBro Wrote:  

LA isn't friendly at all. People are generally selfish assholes who will smile to your face and stab you in the back if it helps them to do so.

West LA people aren't trying to get into "the industry", most are already settled in professional careers (lawyers, docs, etc) or post college people partying it up a bit longer.

I would not live in the Valley under any circumstances personally. If you're a DJ, you need to live in mid-city area or even Koreatown.

On his budget, he will only be able to afford a tiny studio those places (if that), unless he chooses a sketchy apartment complex.

The valley along Ventura is high-end though. I'd like to be around there.

Messages In This Thread