rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Trip report, Mexico: GDL and PV

Trip report, Mexico: GDL and PV

20nation, whats the name of that club we went to last night?

I'm really warming up to GDL after being here for over a week now, my Spanish is coming back and I'm getting more comfortable here. I usually don't like to do short one or two week trips (I prefer at least a month or more) because it always takes me a week or more to get used to wherever I am. Here's some more observations about GDL:

-English spoken: I'd say that the locals speak better English than in Colombia but I still wouldn't count on it, our waiter at a restaurant switched to English last night after realizing he spoke it better than I spoke Spanish. Also, THC opened up some girls in the club last night and they all spoke English very well. However, most of the girls I've met in the clubs didn't speak English and I had to talk to them in Spanish.

-Beer: There's some decent selection of local beers and imports at some pubs, both bottles and draught although I don't think that the craft beer scene is very big here. Also, I think the beer may be weaker than in Canada, I drank about six Tecate lights but didn't feel much so switched to Bohemia Obscuro (dark) then Dos Esquis at the club, I probably drank almost 20 beers over the night and still didn't feel all that drunk, I even slammed back a shot of tequila. The Dos Esquis cost 40P and the tequila shot was 80P.

-Single girls in clubs: I wrote in my OP that it was similar to Colombia here in that there didn't seem to be too many single girls out without male friends but I've since changed my mind. There were quite a few girls out at the club last night who didn't have guys with them and 20nation and I ended up hooking up with two of them. As he mentioned, we tried to get them back to our places but they wouldn't budge, lots of dancing and tons of making out though.

-Dancing and make outs: I forgot how well Latina girls dance and how much they like huge make out sessions, especially after spending several months in SE Asia, its something I really missed.

-Flakiness: Internet game is leading nowhere and I've all but given up on it, I did get two numbers while out at clubs and pubs though but they flaked and lead nowhere. I think its because I got the numbers too early and didn't escalate the interaction (didn't go for a kiss or venue change, etc), I basically met them, chatted for five minutes or so then got their numbers and left. Contrast this to last night where I danced, talked and made out with this girl for about three hours and the next day, she's keen on meeting up tonight.

We haven't done much exploring or even ventured out of our four block radius as the Chapultapec area seems to have it all for us, although if I were staying much longer, I'd want to venture out to other nightlife areas because Chapultapec isn't too big. Also, the pubs and restaurants are quite packed from around 1800-2300 but after that the crowds thin out. The club we hit up last night had a decent crowd at around midnight and we snagged a good table in a decent location, then the place filled up by 0100, which was around the time we met the girls. I can recommend staying in Chapultapec to anyone coming to visit GDL. Actually a better hotel would be the Lafayette which is located very close to the pubs and clubs we've been going to, I think the cost was around 700P/night so its still quite reasonable.

Oh ya, one more thing that I have to report, there's quite a few East Indians here in GDL, I spoke to one at the club last night who came from Chennai and he told me that him and his buddies at the club work for some kind of financial services company. I also saw another Indian dude at a restaurant leaving with a decent looking Mexican chica on his arm, so there you have it IRT, Mexico could be a solid bet for ya bud!

Messages In This Thread