rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

BJJ fighters did you feel ready for promotion?

BJJ fighters did you feel ready for promotion?

Quote: (09-14-2013 08:54 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Quote: (09-14-2013 08:22 PM)ryanf Wrote:  

I'm actually testing tomorrow for level 1 in Muay Thai. I've been in almost exactly 1 year, which is the average timeline for promotion (I'm sick on my stomach nervous right now).

Interesting, I've about a total of 6 months of Muay Thai training, but was completely unaware that there are "ranks" or "levels" that fighters are promoted to. Is this something unique to the school/gym you train, or is this the norm for all Muay Thai? I don't train at a strictly Muay Thai school, but this is the first I've heard of testing for a rank within that style.

If your school is affiliated with the TBA (Thai Boxing Association), then yeah, you would have level tests. In TBA, you start at level 0, after around a year you can test for level 1, after 2 years you can test for level 2, and around 4 years (and with your Instructor's approval), you can test for level 3, or apprentice instructor (Khun Kru). After that, the tests are more ceremonial, you can go to full instructor (Kru), and only the elite get to be promoted to master (Ajarn).

Messages In This Thread