rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Am I the Only One Who Doesn't Plan on Going Back to the Philippines?

Am I the Only One Who Doesn't Plan on Going Back to the Philippines?

Quote: (04-20-2011 02:42 PM)Gringo Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

It seems that the people that say Fillipino food is "awful", "terrible" and "horrible" are eating at the super bargain basement street food joints.

I always think that's how it should be judged, anywhere in the world you can go to expensive restaurants and find nice food but the food on the street is what defines wether the food is good or bad, IMO.

By that gauge then America would have terrible food outside of NYC.

Right?

"anywhere in the world you can go to expensive restaurants and find nice food"

What I would call a place with "terrible" food is a place where even the expensive restaurants suck.

Interestingly enough, the only places that come to mind that fit this bill are certain American cities.

The Duke -

Thanks for your input. Good breakdown.

I am kind of getting the feeling that discussing food on here is kind of a ridiculous venture. We are all over the map on here.

We got people suggesting TGI fridays as a strong move to the hoop, we got people hating pork, we got people thinking seaweed and black squid are "weird". And we got people blaming Thais for not speaking English well and then turning around and dismissing an entire cultures food.

I am lost.

For instance:

"The local food was a bit strange...I had seaweed, black squid, and some fatty pork. But still not bad."

From my perspective, "black squid, and some fatty pork" are not strange at all, and are super good.

This board is almost a "reverse barometer" on food.

Messages In This Thread