rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Am I the Only One Who Doesn't Plan on Going Back to the Philippines?

Am I the Only One Who Doesn't Plan on Going Back to the Philippines?

G, I don't think it's a fine dining vs street food deal. In general, I think filipino food gets a bad rap for the following reasons:

1) Unfairly compared to other asian cuisines instead of being judged solely on its own. Thai food, for example, is my favorite (vietnamese, close second). Filipino food simply ranks low by comparison.

2) Under represented. For whatever reason, you don't many filipino restaurants and most people do not know the full range of filipino cuisine. They may try to dish or two at some point and come to a hasty opinion based on limited exposure.

3) Highly pork oriented. Now, I know many people enjoy pork. But, there are more people than you think that don't dig on swine (as was once said in Pulp Fiction). Me and my boys don't touch it. If you're Italian and like a good pig roast, then filipino may be your thing. Enjoy away if it's your preference.

Messages In This Thread