rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Critique of Silicon Valley

Critique of Silicon Valley

Quote: (08-29-2013 09:42 AM)Blackhawk Wrote:  

I simply mention this should anyone actually be in a position they can help their state's economy. Don't waste your time building campuses and infrastructure. Repeal non-competition employment laws, and the rest will happen on its own.

Someone call the ROFL-copter.

While non-competes are non-existent in California many tech companies have made indirect clauses with one another, promising not to recruit another partner's employees. Companies found a loophole to exploit.

http://gawker.com/5279072/email-details-...-employees

Quote:Quote:

A December 2007 e-mail message written by a Google recruiter and obtained by The New York Times suggests that the company might have had an agreement with Apple on recruiting.

Laura Sheppard, a contract recruiter at Google, sent the e-mail message to a job candidate asking him to put her in touch with another potential candidate. "It is a bit touchy since he works for Apple," Ms. Sheppard wrote, adding that Google had "a nonsolicit agreement with them."
-----------------------------------------------------
My problems with SV and start-ups are:

1. Sense of superiority (body language, speech, attitude)
  2. Lack of awareness (There's poor people? OMG!)
  3. Unable to solve actual problems (hobos haven't been disrupted nor want to acknowledge their existence)
  4. Entitled attitude (I work in tech, you don't)
  5. Invasion of bro-N-hos (frat guys moved from Wall Street to SV)*
* - These guys diluted a bit of the vibe going on, real techies are different than these guys.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Messages In This Thread