rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Have you ever got a salsa bang?

Have you ever got a salsa bang?

Quote: (08-26-2013 06:31 PM)aphelion Wrote:  

One more thing that I was just reminded of while chatting with a certain gentleman of RVF alignment:

Dancing events are kind of like social media. The girls stand around, a guy comes and asks them to dance. It's like a little insta-date. Or like a Facebook like. She feels good and gratified and her ego validated. 3 minutes later, she finishes the dance, some other guy comes and asks her to dance before she gets off the floor. Another date/like/whatever! And again, and again, and again. By the end of the night, her ego's been validated a billion times at the expense of all the men who came around and asked her to dance.

And that's great for her, but I noticed that a lot of salsa girls are chronically single. Now I know why - she constantly puts herself into regular mini-date situations where her ego is validated, but none are chosen. She spends a lot of time doing it, and now no guys are good enough for her because these B-level salsa guys keep coming around and asking her to dance and make her feel great (kinda like beta orbiters), and now Joe Equivalent To Her isn't quite enough of a superstar to catch her eye. And then she gets a cat.

As a rejoinder, I do another type of dance that's becoming pretty popular, and it's a pretty hippie population that dances it, with a surplus of girls, so the girls often come around and ask the guys to dance. I can sit out all night and wait for girls to ask me to dance, and by the end of the night my ego is sky high and I feel great. If I was a woman and got this all the time from salsa, I'd be a tyrant.

Aphelion - may we inquire what this other dance style is?

Messages In This Thread