rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why Germany is underrated on here + picking a good city

Why Germany is underrated on here + picking a good city

I'll add my two cents again.

Germany is a nice place to go for the culture, architecture, history etc.

However, I would not visit particularly for the women. Your Impression of German women will vary depending on where you're from and what your personal tastes are.

My Personal View Towards German Women (generalizing, of course):

- I find the bulk of German chics to be boring, plain and slightly masculine.
- Also, many can be a bit stiff and cold, but then again, that can depend on who/when/where.
- Most are not terribly good at flirting; I often get the impression I'm talking to a guy when I'm interacting to them, which is why a lot of them have made pretty good friends.
- In terms of looks: the average German girl is neither gorgeous nor hideous. They can be kind of bulky, especially if you compare them to women in E. Asia (where I am now). Again, in a word, I would describe them as kinda boring.
- As far as being expected to talk politics: this really depends entirely on what social circles you move in. Working class people generally don't give a rats ass about politics and are just as ignorant as anywhere else. Educated university students, on the other hand will be another story. As in most places, you can find different types depending on what social circle your in: there are "Jersey Shore" types (in German, they usually call them "Proleten" or "Assis"), there are hipsters, hip-hop fans, intellectuals, stoners, Reggae fan rasta-wannabes, etc. In terms of political views, it is true that you'll likely be looked at as a bit of a simpleton if you're a dedicated Fox News viewer.

Once again, this is just my personal opinion. You may have different impressions.

Some Other Things Worth Mentioning:

-As probably mentioned before, *social circle is king* in Germany, at least in the part I grew up in for half my life, and social circles tend to remain very insulated at clubs and bars, making cold approaching at night Kind of a drag. Berlin and Hamburg are probably different, but don't come to an average mid-sized university town expecting the same kind of hookup culture you may be accustomed to in your home country.

- On the plus side, German cities are very international, and you can find a lot of women of different cultural and ethnic backgrounds in most major cities...

>> This means if Germans aren't your cup of tea it should be relatively easy to carve out a niche you like. For me, this was mainly with foreign exchange students from Asia (mainly China, Korea and Japan).

>> As Kamaki said, if you're into Slavic girls, there are plenty of those to go around. The majority of Russians and Ukrainians in Germany are so-called "Russlanddeutsche", meaning they're Russians of German-descent. However, usually the only thing German about them are their last names and their haplogroup. Culturally, they're Russians through-and-through.

>> In most major cities like Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Nürnberg, etc., you can also find pretty much any other skin colour you want if you look hard enough: you can find black girls (lots of Mulattas walking around, though most are culturally German), Mideastern, Latina, or any other group you like, if you look hard enough.

>> Again, as others have said, dating Turkish or Arab girls might get you in trouble with their respective male counterparts, but if you look hard enough, you can also find ultra secular/Westernized girls as well.

>> Again, if you're into Asians, you can go one of two ways: 1.) Exchange students and tourists, most of whom are Chinese or Korean (for Japanese girls, go to Düsseldorf, just remember they're not representative of most Japanese girls in Japan), or 2.) Asian-Germans, most of whom are ethnic Vietnamese. Culturally, these girls are as German as they come, though, so the same applies to them as does to regular Germans.

My Verdict:

If you come here, come for something other than the women, as there's much better talent elsewhere. However, you also shouldn't worry about starving here, either, as the relative ethnic diversity in major cities leaves you with enough options if you look hard enough.

Messages In This Thread