rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

London

London

Quote: (04-04-2011 09:23 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

I love London.

It is however, a difficult place to get into. People are less open than in eg. New York so it can feel tough to new arrivals.

One of the problems is that it's divided into different scenes and they don't mix much. People can be very conscious of belonging to a certain set.

I dislike the promoter driven clubs listed above. Way too many knobs spending lots of money on bottle service and girls whose entitlement levels are through the roof from too much free champagne. You will find some hotties there, but it's hard work and even if you watch your costs you're paying £20 entry plus £10+ for drinks.

So where should you go?

For American girls go to the Sport's Cafe near Trafalgar Square on Tuesday nights. This is where American study abroad students come to party. Best to go at the beginning of the semester when they're just arriving, since they'll quickly realise that it's a shit hole. However, I've had much success here. Drinks are cheap and entry should not be more than £5.

If you're into West London princesses check out Public off the King's Road. It has a great indoor smoking area with benches. It's relatively quiet and a good place to get to know girls. People move around a lot inside and it's a sociable place. Downside is that entry is usually £10 and drinks are on the expensive side.

Hoxton Bar and Kitchen on Hoxton Square -- this place is a great starting point for East London adventures. It's a big venue with outdoor areas for bantering. There are lots of cool venues nearby which you can bring girls to.

I have acquaintances who swear by Fabric. I don't like big rave clubs, but you'll find people in a very open mood. Expect lots of suburbanites and tourists excited about their big night in a London mega club.

Below is a list I found of where certain types hang out. In my experience it's mostly accurate.

Finance types: The bar at the Sanderson Hotel, Cuckoo, various West End / Mayfair clubs with bottle service
Well heeled Euro, Arabs, Russians: Boujis, Embassy, various places on the King's Road
Public School types: Mahiki, Whisky Mist, Public, Maggie's
Australians, tourists: Walkabout, around Leceister Square
Americans: The Sports Cafe on Haymarket
Hipsters / fashion crowd: Shoreditch, Brick Lane area, East Block (club), underground raves in Hackney
Indie types: Camden area, Proud, Koko

Happy hunting.

I just moved to London from Geneva about 6 weeks ago. I've only been to handful of these places but this is an accurate report; much appreciated!

I've been hanging out in Chelsea, Camden and a bit around Old Street and here is what I notice. First, the general level of beauty as a percentage of population is much lower here than Geneva and surprisingly I have LESS success here with women (partially because I have some minimal standards and approach only if I'm attracted!! ).
Chelsea: I've been able to get tons of numbers but very little conversion of those into a second drink (and this is after some rapport building). I'm not going to pretend that my game is perfect and it probably needs local adjustment but I guess the girls are more difficult and really just out for money...is that right?
I've been to Brompton club (members only) - was good when you have bottle service, but it turns me off when girls are only after money and it's super obvious.
I've been to Maggies - was actually not bad but younger crowd and very small.
Camden: Able to talk to many girls but the hot ones are difficult (or sometimes travel in groups where even if I entertain 2-3, the other girls might peel the group away after 10 minutes - this happened a few times to me in the Proud club). I met my current "friend with benefits" at Koko (my first time there), although Koko is also full of super drunk girls toward the end or it's also just hard to find a girl cute enough to spend time on. Smoking terrace is a good spot (although I don't smoke cigarettes so a bit not my thing).
Shoreditch: Quality can really depend on venue. I've been to some places where I was literally searching for a WHILE to find a cute face. I need to go back to more venues though so it's not a final judgement.

Am I complaining or does it sound right? do you have any suggestions on the best venues? I still have a lot to explore.

Messages In This Thread