rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Today's Workout Thread

Today's Workout Thread

Quote: (11-16-2012 04:31 AM)TexasMade Wrote:  

I need some motivation. I am not getting to the gym. The gym is a 1/4 mile walk from my spot. I was hitting it hard earlier this year before I hurt my back power cleaning. This open thread is like the Approach Thread. Made to motivate each other.

Rules:
Only post what routine you knocked out today
Note any different techniques you started using
Note the length of your workout, time in and out the gym/routine
Note any gains you made from last week or last month

I have 5 months in country. Mind, body, and soul. I fucked up the 14 months I've already been here. Only real gains I've had were my pull-ups and bench. I have been trying to work my back and arms. Hopefully this thread will get me off the computer and get me to work out before I hit poker up. Appreciate the support.

My Chest and Triceps workout (dumbells only). Takes about an hour. For me I have a nice Cybex bench and a rack of nice dumbells. I'm too lazy to get to the gym so having the weights at home an in my living room is key.

I've started only doing uni-arm presses that target the upper chest. I've been very impressed with the shape my chest is taking. My body frame is large and stocky to begin with so mass is not my issue, it's shape and tone.

Every workout, my goal is not to see how much weight I can put up today, it is what it is and progresses naturally at it's own pace, but instead to concentrate on improving my form to the point where I move like a shaolin monk.

Any suggestions for improvement are most welcome!

Warm up
- 3 sets of regular pushups
- 3 sets of diamond pushups
- 3 sets of decline pushups (really blows up your chest)

All 10-12 reps each

- 3 sets of uni-arm presses while laying on the floor
- 3 sets of uni-arm presses at 30 degree incline.
- 3 sets of close-grips presses at 30 degree incline.
- 3 sets of flat flys.
- 4 sets of flat lying triceps extensions

Stomach
- 3 sets of crunches
- 3 sets of leg raises
- 2 sets of planking (diamond close grip)
- 2 sets of planking (wide)

Messages In This Thread