rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The NEW Engineer Thread

The NEW Engineer Thread

Quote: (08-06-2013 07:37 PM)V6Wrestler Wrote:  

I just finished my master's in mechanical engineering. Got offered 3 jobs.

I agree with the social skills. I have been very keen to develop my interview skills over the years and got jobs where others have failed. I even got a job offered from a conversation. ha.

Another key thing is to develop industry experience. I did 3 industrial related activities over 5 years. My resume is really kick ass at this point.

In terms of getting girls. It should not be your focus with engineering, but at my uni there was a nearby uni that specialized in arts and humanities. This is where i got most of the chicks i nailed.

Apparently your social skills are not that great if you already got banned!
Just playing; wonder what he got banned for.
He makes a good point, or at least I agree with him- after my first internship, generating interest and getting accepted to positions and honors became easier and easier; likely also due to the confidence boost it gave me in my skills as an engineer.

A lot of people on this forum are freaks about anonmity, so I'll not post a link publicly, but if any engineers or software developers (or really anyone from this forum) want to connect with me on LinkedIn, PM me.

I've just added about 60 people who did research with me this summer; could be good leads for anyone who is recruiting.

Is there really not anyone on this forum who has used a STEM degree to transfer into the financial district?

Messages In This Thread