rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Man Saves His Dog from Sinking Yacht, Then Comes Back for Wife

Man Saves His Dog from Sinking Yacht, Then Comes Back for Wife

Quote: (08-07-2013 06:44 PM)Mack Four Wrote:  

Now you're just twisting it.

Priorities in order of importance during life/death struggle:

Kid

Mother of Kid

As I suspected, you guys were just confusing eachother and arguing about two different things.

Quote:Quote:

And since I've been officially warned by Roosh to drop the subject, this will be my last post in the thread.

Not trying to tempt you back out in the thread again here, so no need to respond. Just a word of advice. I've often stood up and said my piece on the same issues you are without inciting too much of a backlash or getting any warnings (see my posts in the thread you were warned in, for example).

Two things:

First, sometimes it's the way you go about something rather than what you're saying, even if it feels like people are responding poorly against you for going against the grain.

Case in point: You could have avoided an argument with El in this thread if you would have realized he was confused and thought you were saying you'd save the mother of your children before your children (which you were not). I even jumped in and tried to point that out, and instead of backing me on my mediation, you kind of just argued right over me and let El go on thinking his interpretation was true until the post I'm quoting now. At that point, I decided to just keep my mouth shut and leave you to your own devices.

That was unnecessary and easily could have been avoided by slowing down and paying a bit more attention to the people you were engaging in conversation with. Go back and reread the sequence of posts here and I think you'll see what I mean.

Of course, El could have done the same, but don't forget you're the one who is new here, which brings up my second piece of advice, which is that you'll have a lot more clout to engage people with "against the grain" ideas if you slow down and earn some respect first. This is basic forum etiquette anywhere on the web.

I don't think your big bolded sig is helping your case either...at all. It really makes you seem like you're here on a campaign.

I hope to see more of your posts here, as I do think you have some worthwhile things to say, so I hope you take my advice constructively. Challenging people and offering some balance as needed is fine - again, I do it all the time. Just consider the manner and pace at which you're doing it. And maybe sometimes just rest assured that you've influenced the ideas of some lurkers instead of thinking you'll actually sway the opinion of every person you're arguing with.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread