rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What book changed your life?

What book changed your life?

I LOVE reading and I've been reading books for as long as I can remember it. I must have read a ton of books in every category. If I were to choose the 2 most influential to date, they would be:

Rich Dad, Poor Dad

The first book that really gave me the entrepreneurial bug me was Rich Dad, Poor Dad. As a young buck fresh out of high school at the time, in 2000-2001, that book was the single biggest influence on me at the time. So much that it was that book that shaped the rest of my entrepreneurial mindset. This was the book that taught me about money, how to make it, how to use it, how to respect it and how to leverage it. These should be mandatory teachings in school, however and unfortunately they are not.

The 4 Hour Work Week

Of course, the 4 Hour Work Week has been also of paramount importance to my life. This is what truly pushed me and gave me kick in the butt to get out, dare and not only start my first online biz but also to think in terms of long term travels. At the time, in July 2007, I had just returned from 2 blissful months in Brasil and Argentina and this book was like a godsend. Struck me like thunder in the deepest of my soul. Couldn't put it down. Read it twice in a row. This is one of the classic cases of you either love it or hate it, with no in between. I personally love it as it introduced me to notions and concepts that have literally changed my life, my mindset and the way I do things.

Messages In This Thread