rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Malaysia

Malaysia

Hope I'm not digging up an ancient thread, but anyway...

Spent a week in Kuala Lumpur (KL) last month as I had to do a visa run to get my Thai ED visa.

Malaysia is definitely underestimated.

KL was awash with attractive Chinese women. For a long term thing I'd prefer to marry a Malaysian-Chinese, as they've not been brainwashed by living in the mainland. Mainland women are hot, but they're often completely empty inside.

Saw some hot Malay women, but Western dudes will probably only be interested in the Chinese women.

Malaysia is muslim, but not everyone there is muslim! And other things are tolerated. You can buy alcohol and pork. Alcohol is very expensive though. A 330ml can of beer was about £1 in UK money. Could be a good place to go if you want to quit beer!

KL could be good place to find a well paying expat job. Living costs are about the same as Thailand. There's a brain drain of talent to Singapore, so KL should be quite welcoming of foreigners.

Despite being muslim, sex for sale was quite common - just walk around a Chinese area and you'll get hustled, especially if you're white.

Many people speak English in Malaysia. But even if they don't, Malay has enough English sounding words that the locals can understand you. For example, a "bus" is a "bas".

Malaysian food is good, although I was put off by all the Indians eating with their hands.

KLIA is a great airport - it even has a miniature rainforest in the terminal building. It's definitely a good place to stopover for a week. If you want to see some sights, go to the Petronas Towers at sundown, and get the train to Batu Caves (but avoid weekends).

Finally, beware of monkeys!!!

Messages In This Thread