rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Am I wasting my time in Scandinavia?

Am I wasting my time in Scandinavia?

Quote: (04-08-2011 02:42 PM)beebopaloo Wrote:  

Okay, you got me...
Of course there are differences.
But they aren't that fucking big. Thats what I am trying to get across.

They are that fucking big. Even if you do not consider the language issues. Generally if you try the American typical "cocky/funny frat boy" bar game in Eastern Europe or in Russia, she won't really understand what you're doing, and you'll be labeled a retard. Gaming in Asia is different from US. Gaming in Colombia, as per Mixx reports and Roosh book, is also different from US. And you cannot game US chicks the same way you game Russian chicks.

Now if you add the language issues here, things get significantly more complicated. If most of your success comes from being cocky/funny/witty, just going to a non-English speaking country you lose a major point. Even if people there understand English, they rarely understand the slang, and may have problems with understanding what you have said. To give you an idea, I have been studying English in Russia, and have been living in US for close to six years, talking to colleagues, customers and service people every day. And not only I still sometime struggle with an unknown word, but my impression so far is that "witty talk" is something I'll never be able to do.

Quote:Quote:

More than 50% of Danish TV is produced in the states. If there is a market for that I guess we can conclude that the value system is more or less the same.

You seem to believe that if people watch American movies, then they must share American values. You know one of the first questions I'm asked when I'm back? Whether the people in States really behave the same retarded way they do in movies. You'll also find out that vast majority of the movies imported to Europe is either sci-fi or kill-them-all, or music videos which pretty much have nothing to do with culture.

I am not saying that it's not easier or harder anywhere in the world. There are small differences everywhere. However if you're a cool dude, you will do well most places.

Well, the definition of "cool dude" changes across those places. For example, in Russia this definition may require an ability to drink 0.5L of straight vodka. At the same time, smoking weed immediately puts you into the "drug user" category, which is low class.

Nobody likes to see fat old germans in Thailand or want to be those guys, though they definitely do better than they do back home.

This has nothing to do with game.

Messages In This Thread