rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Move to North Dakota

Move to North Dakota

I've heard the same things about Halliburton and Baker Hughes out here. I heard Halliburton pays low. The dude at Baker Hughes I talked to said he just started out working in the shop for $60k a year, but that in two or three years he'd be making 200-300k if he stuck with it. Pretty legit.

Once I get some experience, my plan is to go offshore for the exact same reasons. I want to find my poosy paradise and spend 6 months of the year chasing girls and doing whatever the hell else I want. All the guys I've met working out here are pretty cool so far. People say whatever the hell they want. It's refreshing after working in a politically correct retail atmosphere for the past 7 months. I wanted to eat a bullet every god damn day I was in retail. I can see what you mean about a vicious cycle though.

I accepted a job offer and I start my first two week on, one week off rotation on Sunday. I'm going to be a Floorhand on a workover rig and I'll also be driving all kinds of monstrous contraptions out the the work site, including the rig which costs over a million dollars. Should be interesting. I check in at the man camp tomorrow evening.

Went out tonight with some friends and had a great time out at a bar called Cattails (not a strip joint, despite the name). Met some cool people and actually talked to some decent single girls, something I didn't expect in this town.

Closing time is 1 AM though. WTF??? The first couple times I thought they were just doing it because it was a weekday or something, but every time I've gone out they turn on the lights around 1:15 and start telling people to GTFO.

One thing that struck me is that most people at the bar were very considerate and friendly. This bar was the most packed one I've been to yet. Almost any time there was a collision or spilled drink there were handshakes and smiles. There was one fight where someone got knocked out, but I think most people know the reputation of the bars around here and want to avoid trouble and just have a good time.

Messages In This Thread