rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Legal environment for Canada vs. US?

Legal environment for Canada vs. US?

Quote: (07-21-2013 12:18 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

Quote: (07-21-2013 02:48 AM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

Why not just opt out of the West altogether? If you're considering moving to Canada, I presume your work is location independent..? Why not take your family to Thailand or Costa Rica or Colombia? Not only will it enrich all your lives immeasurably (especially your children) but you'll be far less vulnerable to whimsical government bullshit. And, dare I say, you might be much much much happier.

I am a big fan of traveling, moving to new countries (this is my third country) and exploring new cultures, but if i had children, there is no way in hell I would let them grow up in a place like Colombia. Thailand - only if I had enough money for a good international school (abt $4k/month just for the school if i remember correctly). If I had kids I would just suck it up and stay in a first world country at least until they grow up.

This is coming from a guy who grew up in a poor country during "interesting" times. You guys, who grew up in the relative safety and comfort in the US in its golden years, have no idea how traumatized a child could get just from growing up in an unsafe third world environment, and how this could fuck up the rest of his life. Don't even get me started on the shit I had to put up with as a kid, even though my mother did her best to protect me from that environment.

I don't mean to be too confrontational, but this is just bad advice in my opinion.

No problem. I wouldn't go to those places with a kid under any circumstances. Columbia? Huh?

Messages In This Thread