rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Suits (TV Series)

Suits (TV Series)

Quote: (07-20-2013 03:39 AM)bonkers Wrote:  

anyone watch the first ep from season 3?

Yeah, I think it was an okay episode. I am not sure if I like the new direction of the show just yet.

Anyone get the feeling the show is getting betafied? especially Harvey? in the first two seasons it was clear that business, keeping fit, style and fast cars were Harvey's priorities....picking up women wasn't his primary focus...he would bang if the opportunity presented itself but it wouldn't be his ultimate goal....

The show will always be “beta”. Let me explain. The guy behind the show Aaron Korsh was also a writer for Everybody Loves Raymond, one of the most beta shows ever. It’s really no surprise that the show is now moving towards relationships and one of the main storylines during the first two seasons was Mike and Rachel. Harvey is still fine in my opinion but it is inevitable that they will put him in a relationship with either Donna, Scottie or his actual wife (I forget her character’s name on the show).

whereas in the first episode of season 3, he is chasing after Scottie, even though she tried to screw him over a couple of times ('to get close to him' hamsterism) - anyone get the feeling that the female populace might have influenced this?

That’s not really true. He actually chose to send her to London. You can’t say that he is chasing after her when he chooses to send her away. He met her at the airport to ask her for information on Catelyn Stark, not to chase her. The female population is going to influence this, there is no doubt about that.

Mike has already been betafied by Rachel (Jenny was hotter IMO) and now they are working on Harvey...

I have already told you my thoughts on Harvey and I slightly disagree but Mike was always beta. The fact that he was willing to tell the biggest secret of his life which could land him, Harvey, and Jessica in jail to bang Rachel was pathetic (not to mention cause the entire firm to shut down). It boggled my mind that he was ready to trust a woman who is not even his girlfriend.

Another thing that caught my eye was that the two owners of the newly merged firm are: a black woman, and a gay man. It really doesn’t get any better than that.

I hope they can do a mix of season 1 where a lot of the episodes were standalone and Harvey and Mike just solved cases. It’s good to have a continuing storyline (similar to season 2) but I don’t want the show to become a drama about relationships. Let’s see what happens.

Messages In This Thread