rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How did you escape/will escape from the jobless generation?

How did you escape/will escape from the jobless generation?

Quote: (07-13-2013 08:43 AM)frenchie Wrote:  

Pick an interest in a STEM field or go into IT.

I majored in a joke comm degree. Graduated and had no future prospects.

Thankfully, i didn't realize i had 4 years of desktop support under my belt that is super valuable.

1 year later, i'm making 60k in a top 10 dma market with a job supporting in house web platforms that run a company. The girlfriend is making nearly the same amount in software design (business admin major).

I have friends who are just getting by with half of my income and no benefits in huge cities like La and NYC.

I went to school and worked. I am entitled to this income. Christ, i spent so much time finding a job. 300+ resumes and 20 interviews later, boom!

When I go to parties with people my own age (early to mid 20s) everyone is either in grad school, law school, or underemployed.

It makes me uncomfortable when I tell people i'm employed, let alone how much I make. It's unheard of how blessed I am. The fact I am able to afford a car is a big enough sign of affluence.

My experience is similar: degrees in Econ and Business, then realized that tech was better and found a way to combine both by learning data manipulation/analytics software and using it to solve business problems.

Messages In This Thread