rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How did you escape/will escape from the jobless generation?

How did you escape/will escape from the jobless generation?

Quote:Quote:

That all seems solid. I hope for your sake you don't need to rely on your US credit rating. Was this a federal loan?
Yes, they were federal loans and no I don't rely in anyway on the U.S credit rating system which is nothing short of a twisted system.

Okay then that is very good for you that you have a second passport. Is it European or something with equally strong travel and business privileges?

Yea, I have U.K citizenship.

As such, I don't know if staying abroad and ignoring your debts is going to be the end of this story.

It's obviously highly unlikely that you'll end up getting knocked out by a drone strike because of student loan debts. But in any situation in which you owe the government a large sum of money is not a situation that will just disappear on its own, IMO.

Do you know people personally who have done this in the past?

I am not trying to rebut or counter anything you are saying. I am trying to play devil's advocate. Through some illegal activity on their part they might randomly decide to screw with your life somehow. You have no idea what will happen in the new America. You might have to literally spend the rest of your life abroad.

Believe me, I didn't make the decision lightly. I am entirely comfortable with the prospect of never living/working/doing business in the U.S. Imo, America is just one piece(an ever shrinking one at that) of the global economy. As it is right now, I can visit the U.S anytime I want. The fact that I am delinquent on my student loans and have a bad credit score now simply doesn't effect me. Is it possible that in the future this changes? Yea, its not difficult to imagine. The student loan bubble is no joke. I could see the government putting traveling restrictions on people who have defaulted. Its going to be a big problem. This is just one of a multitude of reasons I wanted out.

I am probably more pessimistic than you, YMG and undoubtedly less patriotic. I think we are about to witness a mass American migration and they wont be coming back. Having traveled a lot, America has no comparative advantage anymore. The U.S used to be THE place to do business. Now, we are one of the most expensive places to do business. The highest taxes and regulatory burden in the OECD. And things are only going to get worse. When the debt problem comes to fruition borrowing money is going to become very expensive, interest rates are already rising.

Messages In This Thread