rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jakarta Datasheet

Jakarta Datasheet

Quote: (07-15-2013 07:15 AM)Northern Wrote:  

Quote: (07-15-2013 06:19 AM)Prosal Wrote:  

Train is a great way to travel around Java.

Now I am thinking about going from Bali to Jakarta by train. Where can I by train tickets?

It is quite a long journey, at least to reach Surabaya from Bali. I made it once. You have to take a package "bus + ferry + train". For that, you need to go to the Denpasar bus station, and buy it at the travel agency which is inside the station. If my memory serves, there is two buses each day from Denpasar, one very early, and the other one around 4 pm. With this one you arrive at Banyuwangi (Java) around 9 pm, and then you have to take a night train to Surabaya. Unfortunately with this option you will make the route at night, pitch dark, so you will miss great scenery. I'd rather recommend to take the early bus from Denpasar, it will allow you to really enjoy your journey.

Once in Java, it's super easy to buy tickets at the stations.

A better option if you are in a hurry, is to fly from Denpasar to Surabaya, and then begin you train journey from there.

Messages In This Thread