rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

100 Approach Study: Exeter
00 Approach Study: Exeter
I've done a bunch of approaches since I lasted posted and went too long without writing them down, so I won't do them all. Anyway approach #5:
I was at the oxford open day and got my first out and out rejection. There was a foreign girl, who looked middle eastern but was quite pale. She was with friends whom I didn't see. I approached her and asked her if she knew the way to trinity college and she said no in an English accent. Her friends sniggered and they all walked off.
Approach #6: (2 weeks ago)
Also at Oxford, I saw a thin girl probably a 7.5 walking on her own. I asked her if she was here for an open day or was an undergraduate. She smiled and said she was an undergraduate. I was a bit nervous and felt slightly out of my league, but I asked what she thought of the university. I think my nervousness shone through though because she politely told that it was nice but didn't seem too interested. I kept the conversation going by asking what college she was in, but I didn't really see the point in going the wrong way to my destination just to keep speaking with her, so I said I had to go. She was American and very thin, so I guess the negative stereotypes don't always hold.
Approach #7:
I approached a few girls at the bus station whilst quite drunk. They were slightly jokey, so I won't count them all. Here's one example. I see a girl on her own waiting in the queue for a bus next to mine. I really wanted to approach, but wasn't sure what to say. I didn't want to pass up the opportunity. I saw that she had a hollisterbag with her, so I turned to my friend and said "man, I really hate Hollister. Their clothes are so overpriced, I don't see why anyone would shop there". She didn't take the bait, so I had to turn to her and acted like I was including her in the argument. "Why do you shop there". She seemed surprised for me to be speaking to her and asked "who me". At that point I could tell she would be unreceptive/ I had used poor game. I nodded and said "well don't you have a Hollister bag?". She replied with "yeah I guess it's cool and has a good fit", then turned away and started texting. Takeaway is don't ask teenage girls to think, as they'll lose interest.
My biggest takeaway so far has been how good cold approaching is. Only six months ago I was even nervous around girls at school, but learning about game has been extremely helpful. In doing about 20 approaches (I left it too late and forgot how a lot of them went), a lot of my approach anxiety has gone away. This has even improved in the last week. Things that have helped are:
#1 Just start doing approaches. Although the first few are difficult, this shows how nothing really bad will happen from approaching and that girls are generally polite/ enjoy it.
#2 Once you have started doing approaches, watch your friends (who are thought of as 'players' because they do a lot of texting) rationalise. Most guys will follow literally any train of thought to talk themselves out of approaching. If you observe this, you realise how weak it is and it makes you more determined not to be like that.
#3 When you are in a confident mood do as many approaches as possible. For example today it was sunny, I was having a good time, and so I did 4 approaches in about 2 hours. (I'll list them below). This helps you build up momentum and also makes you more confident going forward as you have more experience and begin to become accustomed to approaching girls whenever you see bangable ones.
#4 Try to do vitalyzd style challenges. I'll list a few that I did today below. This helps you become a naturally more confident person and when you see how positive people react to really forward things, you understand that approaching isn't a big deal.

Approaches that I did today:
Approach #8:
I was at a park today with friends and saw a girl on her own reading a book. I asked what she thought of it, and said that I had read it. (I have). I don't think she believed me, as she laughed and said "really?". I told her the main story and she admitted I had read it. "Haha I guess you have read it, sorry". I thought about saying something really cheesy like "don't judge a book by its cover" but I pussyed out and just said "yeah I have. Do you go to exeter college?". She said "yeah, so does my boyfriend". This was annoying, so I just said "cool" and walked off.
Approach #9:
Saw a bunch of Spanish girls again today. (For some reason Exeter gets tons of exchange students). I approached a group of them with a friend, whilst topless. I had to open and asked "do you speak English" in English. (I really need to learn a little Spanish). That got all four of them smiling and they said "yes a little". I quickly realised that "a little" meant almost none, as my friend tried to start a conversation with one and she just smiled and said something in Spanish. I wasn't sure what to do and I saw some of the exchange teachers zooming in, so I said "ok then see you around" and walked off.
Points I've picked up so far:
I need to be better at keeping conversations going and getting numbers/ organising dates after the initial approach. At the moment I am just getting a great high from approaching and after I approach, am still proud of myself rather than trying to game.
I need to become more comfortable around higher level talent (the reason I started the thread). I can keep conversations going and approach 6's and 7's but its hard to maintain the abundance mentality when there are so few really hot girls around. I guess I just need to approach more hot girls.
Challenges I did today:
There was this soldier type guy who opened a pack of orange juice and my friends dared me to go ask him if I could have some. I walked over and asked "mate can I have some?". He was very surprised and laughed saying "don't you have anything to drink?". I said "nah I'm thirsty give me a bit", and for some reason he let me have some. None of my friends expected me to do it, and they were all surprised at how confident I was. Having a reputation for being confident is good as it makes you even more confident etc.
There was a group of Spanish girls on the green (not the ones I earlier approached) and I was dared to go topless, put my arms around two and ask "do you want some British meat?". I really didn't want to do it, and this made me want to do it even more as it showed it would help me be more confident. Anyway, I did do it on impulse (albeit laughing slightly towards the end) and this was a good achievement considering I was stone sober. However less ideal was the fact that the teacher (who was English) started getting really angry at me and said it was disrespectful. At that time I was still enjoying the buzz from doing something that stupid/ something that needed balls and pretty much ignored him. To be honest, I really think that all new/ young players should do something like this, because even though its obviously poor game it really helps you become more confident and helps you to force yourself out of rationalisation. Before you can succeed in game you must have strong confidence and not be afraid of failure which is something I'm working towards. At the moment I'm still not that confident around hot girls but, I love doing stupid shit like photo bombing and trolling strangers (see above) so I need to incorporate that into my game.

Messages In This Thread