rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Quote: (07-07-2013 11:04 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Great report yb13!
Quick question: what is the dressing style and fashion level of guys in clubs/bars at night in BH? I remember from my time in BSB and CWB, outside of formal events, it was pretty laid back, with a nice jeans, casual tshirt or a nice dress shirt. Is it the same in BH? Did you notice that being well dressed ( nice jeans/dress pants, dress shirt, jacket or even suiting up without a tie) would be appropriate there say in Chalezinho? Or would it be overdressed?

BH dudes are pretty stylish & pack tight game. On Saturday night at Chalezinho, I tried competing against them yet they came off as really outgoing wanting to know more about me. Instead of using that to my advantage, I would ignore them and check out the other talent. I didn't make that same mistake Sunday night as I at least built more socials for the next visit.

For dress, I recommend dress shirt, jeans, and dress shoes. Comfortable but fashionable. I wouldn't recommend a blazer, but it wouldn't hurt either. Dress shirt and tie however might be a little too much, haha

In a place like Cafe de la Musique or NaSala, a blazer wouldn't hurt as those places are even more upscale than Chalezinho. Haven't been to those places yet but most def will next time.

I'd warn you about not flashing your iphone in public, specially at night and even in nice areas, I'd be extra careful about doing that man.

Muito obrigado pela dica! Yeah this especially applies in Centro, then again I would recommend people not go to Centro period at nights unless you're on the way back from say Ouro Preto at the bus station.

Couple of quick corrections in your portuguese openings you mentioned:
I wouldn't say "encontrar mapas" as encontrar is more for meeting people, I'd use "achar" for example,
"com licença, onde posso achar uma mapa da cidade?"

And I wouldn't say "pedir bebidas" but rather, comprar bebidas/drinks (pronounced drinques, the brasilian way).

Brigado pelas dicas de novo! I just mentioned "pedir" because Pimsleur referred to the ordering/request process as "Eu gostaria de pedir uma bebida." In Spanish, I go with "Me gustaria pedir una bebida." Comprar tip is noted. Thx!

Oh and from the schedule of Chalezinho you mentioned, saturdays seems the most fun with samba/funk as these are more prone to pick ups and close dancing with girls.

Saturday is indeed the best night at Chalezinho! Perhaps Friday because they have house music if a private event is not being held though I really like the samba bands Saturday as I find both genres of music easy to dance to.

I think cover might be more expensive Saturday than say a Sunday where they have a sertanejo band (not my vibe). The good thing about Sunday though is that's when most "usuals" appear to go as the minimum drink/cover are less. I had some good talks/interaction with people on the smoking patio so bring cigarettes & a lighter to Chalezinho even if you don't smoke! Haha.

How was the talent in Ouro Preto? have you ventured into other smaller Mineiras cities? They have a reputation for very good ratios of girls to guys and where girls are quite aggressive, yet beautiful. Did you notice that too?

There were definitely some cuties there, but I didn't stay overnight. I found BH chicks much more attractive overall as I would not be a fan of attending a university in Ouro Preto, haha. I saw the best looking gals walk around with boyfriends. Kinda wish I found a good restaurant to eat at in OP, but I already had a full stomach from food in BH.

Places like Juiz de Fora and Capitolio (Big upscale lake parties thrown there every March from Carpe Vita?) are definitely destinations I will hit up in future.

Regarding the importance of having an established local social circle is vital in Brazil. Did you try before going to sign up for Orkut and even into the various FB communities in BH?

You know, Chapulin gave me excellent tips about nightlife & sightseeing so with 3.5 days in BH with one half being in Ouro Preto, I was honestly more concerned about checking out the nightlife destinations I had on my list along with the cultural & picture taking spots during the daytime. I only made observations about day game spots, but didn't really "day game" as I wanted to enjoy my vacation time at my own pace. I did try hard at bars night time, yet didn't come away with anything besides a short kiss and new social circles for the next visit. Curitiba was a different story my first night though [Image: dancingman.gif]

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-10987-...#pid478460

I need to sign up for Orkut, but it appears as if Google+ has taken that over? I really have no clue of how to internet game either trying to contact girls directly, but have done it before on Couchsurfing moreso to attend events.

There are couple of guys currently from the RVF staying in BH. If you're still there, get in touch with Staros to begin with, very cool cat.

Boa sorte rapaiz!

I will definitely have to hit up Staros. I know Safado is living there now, but we missed each other as he vacationed in Rio when I arrived in Belo Horizonte.

Messages In This Thread