rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Paninaro,
Definitely be warned that the south of Brasil will be cold during the world cup as it's the winter there. June/July, is the equivalent of Dec/Jan in the northern hemisphere. While you may not notice it if you're in Rio/BH, or the North/Nordeste, you will notice it south of SP and even more so in Curitiba, Porto Alegre, Floripa etc...so bring adequate gears for that!

All the cities you mentioned are university cities, however, the biggest would be PA, BH and Curitiba as these have multiple universities. Two key factors in your success will be a) your Portuguese level and b) your bank roll.

If you're a broke backpacker, with no Portuguese skills, then your chances will be slim to hook up with a quality local girl, even more so during the WC. I'd strongly suggest you, as has been outlined in the excellent current data sheet on BH by yb13, pipeline hard before hand so that you have an existing social circle when you get there.

Accommodations will be a major challenge during the WC and it seems that the various host cities will be milking it to the absolute max! Think 100-150 Euros/night for a bed in a hostel with a minimum 7 night stay. Think Carnaval prices but doubled if not tripled. From my estimates, 10k will be the absolute minimum for a month during the WC next summer with 15-20k a better fitted budget to really enjoy the WC. I personally, won't care about costs as a World Cup in Brasil, the country of football, is a once a lifetime opportunity and it will be I have no doubt, the greatest WC ever! I can't wait to be there already!

Messages In This Thread