rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Las Vegas is the worst city in the United States (My Review)

Las Vegas is the worst city in the United States (My Review)

Quote: (07-06-2013 09:13 AM)paninaro Wrote:  

Great advice. So are these Fremont Street bars mostly locals? Sounds like some of these bars are hard to find, so the average tourist may not stumble upon them.

Mostly locals, but I've noticed an increasing number of tourists over the last 18 months. The bars have noticed it, too, and bumped prices about a buck a drink during that time span. Visitors seem to be finding the area by word-of-mouth or Yelp. Someone who doesn't live in Las Vegas and is in one of those spots probably is more adventurous than your average tourist, so take from that what you will.

The backstory for downtown's resurgence in the last 2 years is that Zappos.com is moving its headquarters there and dumping around $350MM into renovating the place. While that's not enough cash for a full blown urban renewal, it's been a very good start. There's something new there every time I'm in the area. Also, it's not hard to find; if Capt. Power found Insert Coins, he found all of the other stuff as well - the old-Vegas-style huge neon signs make them difficult to miss.

Messages In This Thread