rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chicago

Chicago

Quote: (07-03-2013 11:36 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (03-21-2013 05:02 PM)chyamor Wrote:  

Wrigleyville Summer FestAugust 3 – 4, 2013Wrigleyville
Wells Street Art FestivalJune 8 – 9, 2013Old Town
Taste of Randolph StreetJune 14 – 16, 2013West Loop
Taste of GreeceTBAGreektown
Sheffield Garden Walk & FestivalLincoln ParkTBA
Old St. Pat’s World’s Largest Block PartyWest LoopTBA
Pitchfork FestivalNear West SideTBA
LollapaloozaAugust 2 – 4, 2013The LoopNA
Do Division Street FestMay 31 – June 2, 2013West Town

Will update as more come out. G the ones you where asking about

Wells Street Art FestivalJune 8 – 9, 2013Old Town
Taste of Randolph StreetJune 14 – 16, 2013West Loop
Sheffield Garden Walk & FestivalLincoln ParkTBA
Do Division Street FestMay 31 – June 2, 2013West Town

wine festivals and fashion/restaurant week are tba

Be sure to get bottle service at Paris club on hubbard for nothing but 9s/10s for the night.

Didn't get to make it to Chicago.

How were the streetfests?

I am going to try to go next year for sure.

I can't speak for the other ones, but I have been to the Wells Street Art fest, also called the Old Town Art Festival for the last 2 years. Both years were packed. Basically there's a bunch of local artists, vendors, etc. set up in the middle of the street so the place is pedestrians only. There's cool local shops and bars along the street too that attract crowds. Wells isn't that big of a street so that means the place gets crowded. This year the Blackhawks had a playoff hockey game the night of the art fest so instead of dying down a bit the place stayed active as everyone piled into the bars to watch the game and continue drinking. Another cool thing about this event is if you know anyone that lives around the neighborhood, they will generally have a "block party" type atmosphere where everyone will be out in the street drinking and socializing. For a major city, it's a pretty friendly atmosphere. From a game perspective, the girls are all out trying to look their best in summer dresses (the attractive ones at least) and getting their buzz on. Anyone with excellent day game would probably kill this all weekend.

Another thing that should not be overlooked by anyone in summertime Chi is North Avenue Beach. Non-chicagoans probably don't think of this place as a beach town (and it's not on a level like Miami obviously) but during the summertime the girls get eager to strut their stuff after 8-9 months of shit weather. The best talent looks wise all want to show off at this place and day drink. I went here on the fourth of July last year and the place was crawling with hot girls. The bar on the beach is Castaways. Check it out for drinks/food and the location is right in front. You can actually rent a cabana here with a big enough party.

Messages In This Thread