rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Haiti?

Haiti?

Quote: (07-01-2013 07:37 PM)pitt Wrote:  

How do i apply for a NGO job in Haiti? How easy is it to get one?

I dont speak french but i am learning the basics at the moment, hopefully i am able to communicate ok by the time i go to Haiti. I think i may end up staying there for a month if i can get that NGO job. I guess you dont get paid for it, right?

I didn't get paid for the job, I didn't need to pay for my accomodation and food either, if I eat with co-workers. There are a lot of NGO jobs in Haiti, majority of foreigners in Haiti are working either for NGO or UN. There are a lot of NGO information on website, don't apply for them who charges you money. Find jobs you like and send e-mails to them. Do NOT apply for those construction projects, the location is usually horrible, far from Petionvile (best area in PAP ), apply something fun and with good location.

Where I worked before was near PAP airport, the location is pretty bad. I stayed at a kindergarden with much better location for a lot of nights as well. I myself would recommend you to stay at the kindergarden, the owner is a Haitian, married to a German. She is a very warm hearted person, super nice. You can find her at Couchsurfing. Her name is Natacha Marseille. It is nor hard to find her with her name and the word "Haiti".

Another institution I know is delicate to rescue street kid and child slave. The founder once helped me when I was in big trouble. He is a man deserves highest respect. I can not find his personal contact information right now since I am not at home, the Facebook link is :
https://www.facebook.com/HSKI.FanPage/info

I believe there will be other jobs you will be interested, find one and enjoy your trip.

Messages In This Thread