rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Narcissism & Musings On Real Self-Betterment

Narcissism & Musings On Real Self-Betterment

Quote: (07-02-2013 09:47 PM)2Wycked Wrote:  

When guys come onto the forum and lie about their lives, the psychology is this: I see RVF as an authority figure. I need their approval. I sense this forum is about improving your life & improving you game. Therefore, I will lie about my life in order to get their approval.

However, this isn't the end. Like any other narcissistic endeavor it is based out of self-hatred. Once they get forum approval, the devaluation kicks in. The process is this: I don't have value. The forum values me. Therefore the forum is valueless. You see this with meltdowns of old members, senior members or guys who gain rep quickly, then flame out badly.

Another great post, 2Wycked. I know you're a big fan of The Rawness so I'm sure you've read his epic post about narcissism and co-dependency in The Game. Others may not be aware of it, but it's something every game exponent should read, IMHO. It certainly opened my eyes to a few things going on both here on the forum and within my own life. The other day I was flirting successfully with a woman, and I asked myself "Do I like her for who she actually is, or for how she responds to my game?" Turns out it was mostly the latter - she was mainly just another source of narcissistic supply.

And I've not read this term before, so maybe I can coin it: Auto-Narcissistic Supply. I used to do a lot of fantasising as a child - fantasies of power and fame - and I think that kind of internal process could be seen as a form of ANS.

Messages In This Thread