rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Haiti?

Haiti?

I just got back from Haiti after working there for a few weeks. Overall opinion: It is a shithole. The United Nations and other organizations are wasting money to help a country that will never change.

Getting there: I drove across the border at Dajabon. You can also take Caribe tours bus. The have one bus that leaves daily to go to Cap Haitien. It cost me $20 us to leave the DR, $5 us to enter Haiti...On the return trip $10 us to leave haiti and $10 us to enter the DR.

Where to stay: I stayed on a UN military bases. I had to spend one night at the border, because the border closes at 5pm. The cheapest room i could find was $100 us per night. I would say the average room in Haiti is around $100 and $150 per night. And the rooms are nothing special.

Girls: All the girls I saw where black and ugly. I am so happy to be back in the DR. I didn't feel safe going out at night. I bought a girl a Coke one day, she was so happy and in love with me.

Food: Meals were between $3 to $10. Beers where $1 to $3. There are a few restaurants that cater to gringos and that is where I usually ate. There are no large stores or supermarkets. It is hard to normal everyday products.

Safety: I never felt safe in Haiti and would not go out at night.

Currency: They take Dominican Pesos, US dollars, Haiti pesos (exchange rate 43.5) and Haiti Dollar.

I am happy to answer any questions about Haiti:

Messages In This Thread