rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bootstrapping Your Startup in Vietnam/Saigon

Bootstrapping Your Startup in Vietnam/Saigon

Quote: (06-18-2013 03:35 AM)artur jedi Wrote:  

HongKong is more about technology, meantime Sz and Gz are surrounded by factories, thus great for sourcing hard product.
Laner, what are you working with?

Some thoughts about Sz, it is technologically still miles away from HK, mainly due to the chinese censorship and pretty unreliable internet. First one is easy to get rid of, thanks to VPN, but the quality of the connection still sucks... In the office I have a pretty strong internet, but it is not uncommon for the skype to drop calls, mail server to crash, sometimes to load a website takes forever and so on. When at home I often can't even stream a movie in lowest quality. I'm sure with the time mainland China will catch up, but some more water has to flow in Pearl River.

Thanks for the on the ground info on Shenzen. Is it an interesting place to live for a few months? Or is it an "industrial wasteland" Also, how expensive is it to rent a small furnished apartment? Easy and fast for daytrips to Hong Kong (as a foreign Westerner with no visa requirement for Hong Kong) or does it take forever?

I'm in a similar situation to Laner. Only a few places want to deal with physical products. Everyone thinks they are going to make millions off the web somehow...

Messages In This Thread