rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

List the Cost of Living in Your Favorite International Destinations

List the Cost of Living in Your Favorite International Destinations

Locaton: Bangkok, Thailand

I've lived off $350 a month here in Thailand (for three months) and I've lived off between $5000-$10,000 a month.

$3000 for a single guy still isn't really "living phat." You can live extremely well though.

I lived in a place that including utilities ran around $1500 a month. With partying and living the high life my budget then was around $4-$5K a month. I also know three guys who had huge, serviced penthouses. One was on Wireless Road and it ran $2000 a month. The place came furnished and was phenomenal. Another had a place on Asoke and it was closer to $4000 a month. Spectacular view. The last guy had a place off of Asoke and it was 90K baht a month, or approximately $3000. To me, his place was a waste of space and not worth the money.

My budget now is around $3000 a month. This is with a wife and two children though so it doesn't go nearly as far as one might think. I'm trying to get my income back up to $4K-$5K a month as this gives us the freedom to travel around.

We spend around $500-$600 a month on food and another $500 on tuition for our kids so that's 35% of the money right there. A single guy can live fairly well for $1000-$1200 a month if they're not pissing away their money on booze and broads.

Rent - $300
Groceries / Street Food / Dining Out - $500-$600
Electric - $200
Water - $20
Cable - we do not use cable any more
Internet - $45
Cell Phones (4) - $150
Kids - school money / allowance - $60
Medical insurance - $125
Transportation - $250
Tuition - $500
Spending - $300