rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I'm not good with money. Please help me budget.

I'm not good with money. Please help me budget.

Quote: (06-17-2013 03:01 AM)A War You Cannot Win Wrote:  

I figure it's either this or start working in the oil sands when I get out.
Please, help me.

Buy a Glock 19 every year under the military program for $400 bucks and flip it when you get out for $550+ cash. Don't shoot them, not like you could afford to do so anyways with the new CA ammo tax.

Take all the free CLEP and DSST exams you can to get more out of your GI Bill and to minimize time spent in liberal arts classes (whose professors despise you) when you're in college. Those tests now cost me $120 ea per day when they used to be free.

When ETS move to Houston and join reserve unit or TX Army Natl Guard to get free tuition at Houston Comm College enrolled in Petro Eng A.S., you can still pull post 9/11 and pell/fafsa and possibly unemployment simultaneously if you get work where you're paid under the table

I think they also have this program where you can enlist as an officer candidate and do your drills as a cadet in training instead of a joe. You will get paid like 1/4 of your current MC wage for 1/10 of time spent in uniform.

Alternatively, re-up and spend another 4 years in the hell on earth known as post-war garrison while getting paid many times less than what you'd make in the oilfields.

Messages In This Thread