rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Sound of Your Voice

The Sound of Your Voice

Quote: (03-15-2011 01:18 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I have recently fine tuned my voice a little bit. My natural voice isn't that deep and booming. Sometimes girls had a hard time hearing me when speaking to them in noisy bars and clubs. I noticed my friend who really "projects" his voice well was having an easier time getting and keeping the attention of girls. I was not "projecting" my voice strongly enough.

In Opera singing, they talk about "singing from the belly" and not from "the throat" . When you speak from your belly it produces a sound that is more deep and masculine.

This is an area I've done a lot of "research" in. It's certainly good to optimize your voice, though I caution you to do it properly since you risk doing permanent damage by developing incorrect habits.

I spoke from my throat most of my life, re-learning to properly resonate my voice and support it with correct breathing through the help of one friend who is a professional therapist in this area and another who is a classically trained singer.

There are a lot of misconceptions about voice and voice training. One is that the pitch of your voice will/can change. While using your voice correctly might change the tonal quality and fullness, it's likely that the pitch won't change all that much (unless you're truly nasal, which happens). But a somewhat high-pitched voice can sound masculine and pleasing if it's robust and rich. Another is that you should "speak from your belly." This is more a simplification than a misconception. It's really that you should support your voice with deep, belly exhalations rather than "speak" from there.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Messages In This Thread