rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Choosing a martial art

Choosing a martial art

Watch Burmese boxing or Leth Wei as it's known. Brutal, hand wraps only, head butts, three knockouts (not knockdowns) ends the fight. Been to many of these and photographed lots of these guys, even became good drinking buddies with a guy who was the Golden Belt champion of Myanmar.

Leth Wei Photos

We were walking around town and people kept asking us to fight...we just wanted to get drunk.

BTW - Rico Sauve...the guy's name was Gerardo Meijia. I used to train with his brother Javier in a gym in Diamond Bar, CA. Actually, when Rico Sauve was a big hit and Gerardo had trim everywhere, we all went to the Hollywood Palace together. Anyhow, I hooked with some smoking chick, one guy apparently took offense, and we got into a fight. We're rolling around on the dance floor, he rolls me and gets on top of me, I stick my finger in his eye socket, he's screaming and scratching me. The bouncers come, he gets booted and because I was with Gerardo, I got to stay. That must have been 20 years ago.

Messages In This Thread