rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Geoffrey Miller: No fatties allowed

Geoffrey Miller: No fatties allowed

Quote: (06-03-2013 11:28 PM)2Wycked Wrote:  

@DoBA:

Isn't the lack of insight and work the point? The snark and sarcasm are a way of papering over their real lack of intellect and writing ability. Even when they do pen something long and original, like Lindy West's piece about MRA's, it is long, poorly framed and reeks of a level of personal anger. I think all their blather about male privilege is that they think guys just come into being smart and perceptive. They don't realize how much work it takes.

My sister epitomizes this. She whines about how good men have in society and how that is reflected in my desire to read lots of nonfiction. They is coming from somebody who grew in the same house as me, had access to the same books and strongly encouraged to read. She thinks my desire to accumulate knowledge = male privilege.

Deep down, they know they aren't interested in developing their mind, and as such, it shuts many doors in their life because they will never have the sharp mind to develop good analysis of issues or take creative approaches to issues.

My post was just an excuse to work variations of the word "fat" into various sentences for comedy's sake. It sort of didn't make much sense, but now that you mention it, yes, snark is a way to disguise stupidity.

Let's not make this a political issue, though, because next thing you know they'll call for pork-barrel spending.

Messages In This Thread