rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why are the best RVF posters from Cali?

Why are the best RVF posters from Cali?

Quote: (05-24-2013 11:26 AM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Getting back to the topic brought up by Emech: the reason you get a lot of people being vague or straight up lying about what they do in LA is that lot of people in LA what to pretend that they work in the entertainment industry.

This is true even if you have a high-status "straight" profession, which I do.

But I make micro-budget movies and one of my actors said they call people with jobs "day-jobbers" and feel they are not to be taken seriously.

It's a lot opposite of the rest of the US. A literally starving actor has more prestige in some ways because he's viewed as serious and determined.

Crazy sells in Hollywood. Do you want to watch a movie about the "life" of an accountant, and the lovely house, cars, and college tuition he spends his carefully gained income on? The idea of this makes me want to shoot myself. Watch American Beauty (1999) for insight into both the Hollywood and the American dream. It won the Oscar for best screenplay and deserved it.

Messages In This Thread