rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Joining a Gym.

Joining a Gym.

I have finally decided to get off my ass and care more about my health. For example, I carefully watch what I eat now. I started use a spreadsheet to track food intake and nutrition.

Moving forward, my next step is to get more muscular. I am setting a goal of being leaner and a bit bigger with a respectable body and go from there. Currently I'm 5'8" and about 170 pounds. Also, I am 34 years old. My frame is skinny but I have a bit of fat on my chest and belly. My legs are skinny and okay but could be bigger.

So I have a couple choices.
1. Start by losing the fat (running and continue eating right) with an added dose of pushups and crunches.
2. Join a basic Gym to lift weight (my form sucks and I need help).
3. Join an elite Gym where a fitness program will be developed and monitored for me. (e.g. this place http://crossfitdarien.com)

I am not a total beginner. I was in the Navy and went through typical "no weights" exercises during bootcamp and afterwards. However, that was about a good 15 years ago. Additionally, those fitness experiences had left me really skinny with little muscle. I was likely burning muscle in addition to fat due to the running.

Hoping for some advice from you gentlemen.

Messages In This Thread