rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Map shows most and least racist countries

Map shows most and least racist countries

Quote: (05-22-2013 01:29 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (05-22-2013 01:10 PM)j r Wrote:  

I agree. Think about the Thai practice of charging two different sets of prices: one for Thais and one for farang. If you did that in the US, you'd be on the news for trying to scam foreigners.

At least in Chinatown NYC, it's an open secret that Chinese store owners charge Chinese customers less than foreigners.

It occasionally makes the news, but this is business as usual.

WIA

The dual pricing thing people have been referring to doesnt strike me as racism exactly. Just an us verus them in group vs outsidegroup thing. This is common everywhere, whether your talking about discounts for police officers vs everyone else, peruvians vs. everyone else, basque vs everyone else, stonecutters, masons vs everyone else, recent immigrants vs everyone else etc.

I see racism being discriminating directly against/for a race , so if the chinese were charging chinese, koreans, thais, vietnamese, etc one price and all non asians another price i can see the racism. Otherwise, as fucked up as it may be it just seems like an ingroup thing, not related to race.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Messages In This Thread