rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Peru (specially Titicaca area)

Peru (specially Titicaca area)

I was in Copacabana and Puno back in 2006. I don't remember much going on, maybe a few bars where backpackers were hanging out. If you want to party in Peru, you're probably
better off in Lima or Cusco.

That being said, it is beautiful. From Copacabana, you can go out on the lake to... I think it's Isla de Sol. It's a pretty nice day hike. I rember there were some girls on the boat I took, so it's likely you'll find a few women to hang out with.

Sorry I can't be more help on the nightlife, but here is what I can tell you. I was there in August and it gets pretty cold at night. Most of these hotels dot have heat either, so you sleep under two or three heavy alpaca blankets. And that can be rough if you're having a hard time with the altitude. I remember havif a hard time sleeping, because the blankets felt so heavy on my chest as I was already having trouble breathing.

If you're not used to dealing with altitude, be prepared. It can be at times naseauting and at times disorienting, which will cut down on the amount of time you want to be out partying. Not sure how much you can do in advance to prepare, but the longer you're in the area the more acclimated you'll get.

Messages In This Thread