rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Floyd Mayweather already trying to duck out of Canelo Alvarez fight

Floyd Mayweather already trying to duck out of Canelo Alvarez fight

Quote: (05-17-2013 10:15 AM)gamepadawan Wrote:  

Quote: (05-17-2013 10:03 AM)Dexter Morgan Wrote:  

Floyd's excuse for his latest dodging of an opponent who can actually beat him: My daddy won't let me fight over 147 pounds. Because, you know, 36 year olds who made $90M last year always listen to their parents. Nevermind that Floyd already HOLDS A WORLD TITLE AT 154 POUNDS!!

http://www.boxingscene.com/floyd-sr-conf...147--65590

it's just to make canelo cut to 147, roach does this with manny too

Alvarez can't make a 150 pound catchweight, let alone make 147. This was evident in the Matthew Hatton fight, which was some time ago. They were supposed to fight at 150 and even though Alvarez couldn't make weight, the fight still went on.

This article only quotes Floyd Mayweather, Sr. and not Floyd, Jr. Floyd, Sr. is a convicted felon and is generally all over the map in interviews and when he is quoted in articles. I take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

The question is this: Who can Mayweather make the most money fighting in September? Pay-per-view buys were down for the Guerrero fight, probably because Guerrero doesn't have the name recognition that guys like Pacquiao and Alvarez have. I think a fight with Pacquiao or Alvarez would make him the most money. I seriously doubt a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight would take place and there is little or no talk about those two fighting in September. Alvarez is all that makes sense. Since Alvarez cannot make 147 or even 150, they will just have to fight at 154.

Messages In This Thread