rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why are the best RVF posters from Cali?

Why are the best RVF posters from Cali?

Ha it's a joke the large population argument doesn't even work, include the next three states you mentioned and you'll still get calif beating the next three biggest populations combined.

Ask anyone who has lived on both coasts absolutely no one will say it's easier on the west side

Reasons why California is harder:
1. Shit logistics
2. Feminism ground zero
3. High competition
4. More ego inflation because they are "California Girls" so they must be the best (even have songs touting their inflated worth)
5. All the tech guys shoving money at every negative 5 (thank you Man Jose)
6. Wasn't the game written regarding LA? Guess we can ignore that too.
7. Any new "technology"ie: ways to keep hoes glued to their phones - California

There is no comparison. You can do this and adjust for population size as well same result. The east coast is a pussy paradise. LA/SD logistics hell, San Jose/SF is feminism hell. Again look at the forum when people try to fly in and kill it in California, goosed, fly to NYC and you end up smashing two bitches in a day(see slubu's report to NYC).

If you do fine in California you do fine anywhere, that's why it is a great training ground. You have to come up with new shit all the time just to keep up.

If you have lived on both coasts... You know the truth. If anything NYC makes you soft because it is too easy out there. Show up, get housed, holler at every girl who walks by your traffic lane, bang.

To reiterate no one will chime in saying the west side is easier if they lived on both coasts.

Edit: hasn't fisto also spent time in California? Isn't iknowexactly also Cali-for-nia?!

Quote: (05-15-2013 01:54 AM)Matt Forney Wrote:  

Won't claim to be an expert on California, but I have some statistical analysis that can back up what Mike, G and some of the others are saying.

After four years in the manosphere (In Mala Fide and under my real name) and comparing notes with other bloggers, site stats consistently show that California contributes more of the manosphere's readership than any other state. Not only that, the Midwest and South are underrepresented relative to their populations. For example, my stats consistently show more readers from New York than Texas despite the latter's larger population. Here are the top ten states contributing traffic to my blog in the past month:

California
New York
Texas
Oregon
Florida
Illinois
Washington
Georgia
Virginia
Pennsylvania

I'd explain California's dominance due to four factors:

1) Geographical concentration. There are more overall readers from the East Coast than the West, but they're spaced out across a bunch of different cities/states (New York, Pennsylvania, Florida, and Maryland/Virginia/D.C. being the most notable). California's population is so much larger than any of these individual states that they have an advantage on that alone.

2. Socially liberal attitudes. States/cities that are socially conservative/traditionalist are massively underrepresented in the manosphere because sleeping around is frowned upon there. LA, NYC, the Bay Area, D.C., Miami; these are the big blue metropolises where girls are living the feminist dream. In particular, the Pacific Northwest is massively overrepresented in the manosphere because it's ground zero for nutball feminism (see the furor that erupted over my RoK article on Portland).

3. Weather. It's pretty much common knowledge that women from places that are warm and pleasant year-round tend to be more promiscuous, because the consequences for being a fuck-up are less severe; screwing around in a place like North Dakota or Sweden pre-civilization could (and was) be fatal for women. Think of George Carlin's routine on whether there's more rape at the equator or North Pole: "How many Eskimos have we got? 30? 35? Nobody's getting laid at the North Pole!" Statistics bear this out: the states with the lowest teen pregnancy rates are northern ones (Vermont, Minnesota, North Dakota etc.) while the highest rates are found in warmer ones (Texas, Arizona, Georgia etc.).

4. Image-consciousness (or "shallowness" if you're a loser). Following on the previous point, places where the weather is nice year-round tend to place a greater emphasis on looks. Contrast with, say, New York, where you're bundled up in a thick coat for half the year so you don't fucking freeze. Hell, compare to other parts of the West Coast; in Portland, despite the lack of snow, half the women dress like crazy bag ladies. I imagine that the guys here who grew up in Cali have a more acute sense of style and how appearance matters in game, which gives them a leg up on guys from colder climates.

5. Coolness. Bunch of guys mentioned this already, but I've noticed it myself; in the Midwest and other areas, being from Cali automatically makes you cool. No kid ever says, "When I grow up, I'm gonna move to Wisconsin!" It's always Cali, movie star land, where the beautiful people live. Hell, when I was applying for college, I tried desperately to get into UC Berkeley because of the cool factor alone.

So basically, Californian guys dominate RVF (and the manosphere in general to a lesser extent) because it ranks high on all the metrics: large population, socially permissive, warm, stylish, and hip. Nowhere else in the U.S. can even come close.

Full disclosure: I'm a New York native, but I grew sick of the place years ago. NYC is a good town, but the state in general has burned me way too many times.

Messages In This Thread