rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The why is she with him thread

The why is she with him thread

The title of this post caused me to react in a viscerally angry way. I got this sometimes when I was young: "Why is she why *you*?"

When I was a kid I spent time in the hospital with a chronic illness that kept almost killing me. The only solution was to put me on meds that caused me to be shorter than average. And because of the illness, I also couldn't play sports. So...two strikes for me!!

But I wasn't quite out yet. I learned to get by with cuteness, by being a musician, with smarts, and a really good sense of humor. Everyone doesn't have to be Brad Fucking Pitt. You can do fine within limitations and instead be Steve Marriott (look him up).

I took one of the hottest girls in school to prom and had to hear: "I bet you only got that date because everyone thought she was taken or was scared to ask." That wasn't true, but whatever. By college I was dating a solid 8, but happily she went to a school twenty minutes away, which allowed me to get around on the sly. This time it was: "Women only like you because they want to mother you." Well, the guy who said that was half right -- they were offering me some breast action.

What I did, in retrospect, was niche marketing of myself. I knew I wasn't able to compete with the lacrosse players. But I found I could play piano at a high school party or play guitar in the dorm hall and get all those jocks laughing and singing along to my parodies of hit songs. This is the kind of thing younger guys reading need to learn.

So, in closing, when you see an alleged loser with a hottie, the reason might be that they're bringing something to the table everyone else didn't think to bring. Maybe their alleged "loser" qualities forced them to be interesting and cultivate real talents.

Messages In This Thread