rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The NBA Thread

The NBA Thread

Quote: (05-06-2013 09:00 PM)TheRookie Wrote:  

Quote: (05-06-2013 06:35 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Quote: (05-06-2013 05:19 PM)iWin Wrote:  

Quote: (05-06-2013 02:59 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Quote: (05-06-2013 09:34 AM)iWin Wrote:  

Can't believe people call Melo the best scorer in the game. These whole playoffs he's just been jacking and not looking to make plays for his teammates at all. Shot an abysmal percentage yesterday.

Well he technically was the best scorer during the regular season...

http://stats.nba.com/?GameScope=Season&P...ory=Points

Second best in the playoffs...

http://stats.nba.com/?GameScope=Playoffs...ory=Points

This may have something to do with why people are saying he's the best scorer.

He's actually had that distinction waaaaay before this year(which was the first year he lead the league in scoring). The thing is that he has traditionally been very streaky and shot mediocre percentages. Before this year he was never really close to winning a scoring title, and didn't look elite last year. Compared to guys like Kobe, LeBron and KD to name a few his percentages are comparatively mediocre at best. I'm starting to think he's not an elite player when you look at his game in totality. He's a black hole on offense and scores purely off the volume of shots that he takes. When you're the focal point of the offense that's not impressive.

Fair enough. But he has played a big part in getting his team as far as he has this year. And this year #1 scorer. I would definitely consider him elite. He took the Nuggets to the playoffs year after year. It was just too bad he had to go up against my Lakers just about every year. 2 years of which they became champions, so you have to cut the guy some slack.

Melo is best as a scorer - that means catching the ball at his spots, one two dribbles, shot. Curling off a screen, lo, mid, high post. When he gets the ball deep on the wing facing the basket and starts to dribble the Knicks are in trouble.

There is no coincidence Melo's best year was '09 playing alongside Chauncey Billups, and this year playing alongside Jason Kidd/Felton/Prigioni. He is like a hot chick in that he needs a strong leader (point guard) to bring out the best in him. He needs a strong PG to lead the team and run the offense. Melo is not LeBron in that he can't get to the rim from the wing as easily as LeBron, nor pass as well as LeBron.

I agree, its somewhat disappointing how Melo's career has panned out considering the momentum his career had after his rookie season. I think most people thought they would be the top two players in the game respectively, but Melo really hasn't taken that next step and is far behind LeBon at this point. He simply doesn't impact the game consistently in any aspect other than scoring. In his current form, I don't ever see him getting a ring.

Messages In This Thread